Tuesday, May 31, 2011

San Diego and Arizona


San Diego was really fun because we got to go to a lot of places, like the Zoo. I liked the Zoo because there was this giant reptile house with all sorts of snakes and lizards. I also liked the hippo trail because you got to up close to the crocodiles. We also went to Legoland. In Legoland there were lots of cool things made entirely out of legos, like entire scenes from Star Wars. There was a giant Hagrid and Indiana Jones made out of legos too. We got to go on cool rides like Pharoah’s Quest, Revenge of the Pharoah, the Dragon, a pirate ride and the water park.  We went on a cool castle jungle gym too.

Anna and me at the zoo



The crocodiles were really cool.

I took this one of the alligator.

Lego Darth Vader

Anna and I were trying to squirt my mom and grandma.


Lego Hagrid

We went to the beach with Nana, my grandma. We went swimming at the beach in the giant waves that chased me and Anna around the beach. We went on a cruise with Nana too. We saw all sorts of Navy ships, planes, helicopters and submarines. The captain of the cruise told us that the Navy trains dolphins to help seek out mines under the water.

The Pacific Ocean was really cold.

Anna, Nana and me
Me in front of the USS Midway, an aircraft carrier.

On the USS Midway

The last thing we did was Sea World. We saw sharks, fish, dolphins and whales. I got to feed and pet a dolphin. The dolphins felt a little leathery. I got to go on a couple of rides. They were called Atlantis and Shipwreck. On Shipwreck we got soaked. We went to a couple of shows like Shamu. It was fun in San Diego.

Petting the dolphin at Sea World

Shamu

Holding this alligator was awesome!

In Arizona we went to the Petrified Forest, the Painted Desert, and a 50,000 year old meteor crater. The Petrified Forest was in the Painted Desert. It’s basically petrified wood all scattered around in the desert. It’s illegal to take any out of the National Park. The smallest fine for stealing rock is $250. You could also go to jail. That’s why I bought some at the gift shop instead.
This croc from the Triassic was found in the area of the Petrified Forest.

Petrified Forest

The rock was really colorful from all the minerals.


We went to my mom’s friend, Susi’s. We swam the whole time. It was fun in Arizona. 
I got to ride this bike on a tightrope at the Arizona Science Center.

Never hug a cactus!

2 comments:

  1. You and that Gorilla look WAY to alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackson Bean,
    Your Blog is filled with so much adventure. I hope your days are as sunny as they are here.Our garden is growing like crazy.
    My family is also headed on vacation to Mertyle Beach SC and TN.
    Take care, keep picking rocks !
    Peace Ms.LeMay

    ReplyDelete