Wednesday, May 4, 2011

North Carolina and Savannah, GA


 My favorite part in NC was going in caves and climbing. Me and my sister were playing in caves and looking at rocks pretending we were excavating Native American remains. Mom and Dad were climbing next to us. There were three different caves. One looked like it was going to collapse. We were at a place in the Blue Ridge Mountains called Table Rock. We tried to get cleaned up because we were going to have dinner with my mom’s cousin, Sam and his girlfriend, Alicia. They go to Appalacian State University.  But we couldn’t find a campground that was open for the season yet, so we went to dinner dirty. We had fun anyway.


                                       Here I am in the first cave. It was really hot.


                                      Here we are pretending to be archeologists 

The next day we went mining and we found a lot of cool crystals and gems. My favorite one was one with white swirlies and tan on the outside. We had help identifying many of the gems that we found. We found emeralds, rubies, quartz, and aventurine. I also got to do a really cool climb at a place called Ship Rock. I got to the very top of the pitch. I got to do it twice. The second time I had to do it fast because a storm was coming. But we got off the mountain in time.


                                                Mining for gems in Boone, NC


                                                     Picking out the coolest rocks


                                                         Top of the climb

On our way to Savannah that night our car broke down in the middle of the night and I was very grumpy because I was sleeping. But we got it fixed in Winnsboro, SC and went to Savannah the next day.


                                       Getting towed in the middle of the night 

When we went to Savannah we went to my mom’s friend’s house and got to play with Foster, Rowan and Riley. We played War Ball and soccer. The next day we had an Easter egg hunt and went swimming. Me and my dad went under water for half a minute. After we said goodbye, we drove to Florida.


                                  My friends in Savannah - Rowan, Foster and Riley


                                     Me and Rowan before the Easter egg hunt


                                                Swimming with Dad

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jackson Bean,
    Wow ! you are going to some really cool places. I am so happy for you and your family. I am glad you are picking out the best rocks. Go Bean!!!.
    Peace, Ms.LeMay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Jackson! I used to love mining for rocks! Disney looks like a lot of fun too. Keep having fun :)

    ReplyDelete