Saturday, April 16, 2011

Seneca Rocks


The first day at Seneca Rocks was ok. I didn’t like the bathroom at the campsite because there were a lot of wasps and bugs. When we went climbing I was even more scared because we went to the top of the Gun Site and the rock was very slippery. It was also very thin. The rock was sandstone.


                                       See how thin the rock is


                                                 The Gunsight


                                On top, scared out of my mind


                                         Glad to be down with my stick 

The second day was very fun because we went toproping. Top roping is when one person goes up at a time. You go as far as you want, then you can get lowered down. The first climb was not as fun as the last because I kept getting stuck on the same ledge every time. The cool thing about it was there were very deep caves. The biggest cave was the coolest because it had water coming out of the walls. The second climb was fun because I got to the top of the climb and we were really high up.

                                                 Playing Jurassic Park




                                              Having a great time


                                                Way up high!!

When we got back, me and my sister started playing with sticks and I had tomato soup for dinner. Then we all went to get ice cream. The second day was very very fun. Now we’re headed back into Virginia.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures Bean. In a couple of days I will be exploring the Grand Canyon. My family and I are loving the sun in Phoenix, Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be scared out of my mind too, Jackson!!! Glad the 2nd day was more fun :)

    ReplyDelete