Thursday, April 14, 2011

New York City


The city felt pretty big, cold and dark, because we were still pretty close to VT. I still like the country better because it doesn’t have big buildings and dark alleys. But I like the city because it has the American Museum of Natural History. In the museum there were lots of cool things, but nothing as cool as the upstairs dinosaur section. There was my favorite paleontologist, Barnum Brown’s discovery of the first T-Rex. The other sections were very interesting, like the sea section and animals of the ice age.

When I met Carl, the paleontologist that knows Ms. Chisholm, he showed me one of the newest fossils to be discovered. They just named it, but Carl couldn’t tell me what it was. It was, I guess, top secret so no one could steal the name. Then Carl’s colleague was preparing a skull of a new dinosaur that looks like a minotaur. It’s name is Minotaurosaurus.

Carl took us to the Big Bone Room where they keep bones from all different kinds of dinosaurs from all different periods. There was a desert raptor-like dinosaur from the Gobi Desert that was sitting on its eggs, which is very rare. When we were almost done, Carl showed me a T-Rex brain socket. He had me guess what it was. After I guessed what it was, he gave me two cool books. One was “Dinosaur Hunters”, the other was called “Barnum Brown, the Man who discovered the T-Rex.” It was awesome to meet Carl and see all the different cool types of fossils. 


This is Carl and me in his office. He gave me these awesome books signed by the author.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, Jackson! Sounds like a dinosaur lover's dream come true :)

    ReplyDelete